Tuesday, March 2, 2010

(Day 61) From the garden ...

Right - somebody's garden, but definitely not mine! It's always nice to have fresh flowers in the house, regardless the time of year, but even more so after what seems to be a long winter (actually we can't complain - it hasn't been very cold nor have we had much snow this winter; yet ...). March is the spring 'teaser' month - today was sunny and 7C (45F) and the forecast for the next 5 days promises more sun and mild. However, we could just as easily be buried under another 30cm (12") of snow and have freezing temperatures in a week's time, so we're not storing the snow shovels and mitts quite yet. In the meantime we'll enjoy the beauty of the flowers indoors. And we'll think about outdoor blooms maƱana! (I couldn't decide between these 2 photos for today so I posted them both - let me know which you like better).

(60mm  f8  1/10 sec  ISO800)
















(60mm  f16  0.8 sec  ISO800)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rick, these are both awesome!

I like the second one better but can't really explain *why* so it might not help you much. I want to climb down that petal... that one closest to me, on the bottom left? Yeah that one... I want to climb down... NO I want to SLIDE down it, land in the middle and curl up for a nap. Wake me when supper's ready ok? Thanks! ;o)

Rick said...

LOL!! Thanks Krista. We'll have to find some of that pixie dust and turn you into a faerie so your wish can be granted :)

Scott Law said...

I like them both really, but if I had to give a preference it would probably be the top one, though I would like to have seen the other flower a little softer on the focus. Was that a long enough sentence for you LOL?

Rick said...

Phew - I almost ran out of breath trying to read it in one gulp! Re: focus - I did some experimenting with different aperture settings - I wanted all of the gerbera in focus and this one delivered for me. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Both shots are amazing, thanks for giving me the spring feeling once again.

Rick said...

@M.Hassan - thank you and you're welcome, at the same time :)

Julia said...

I prefer the bottom one...more colour and beautiful!