Saturday, September 25, 2010

(Day 262) 20,000 leagues under the sea ...

Sunday Sept. 19, 2010

Well, not quite, but under the sea these creatures live. We visited the aquarium in Rhodes town today and saw some of the creatures that inhabit the waters around here. The aquarium is an impressive building from the era of the Italian occupation (1912 - 1943) on what appears to be the most northerly part of the island. I'm not quite sure what this particular sea creature is but it caught my attention as it caught the aquarium lights.

(50mm  f4  1/25 sec  ISO800)

(70-200mm  f8  1/10 sec  ISO400)

It was difficult finding the time and a place to post during our vacation and I couldn't make Sunset Sunday a few times. I did manage to capture some sunset scenes, however, and will post some of those over the next few weeks. But here's one for this Sunday - could either be sunset or moonrise.

4 comments:

becky said...

LIttle sliver moon... beautiful.

Julia said...

Wow!! Now that's an incredible sunset! I am currently using it as my desktop picture!

Rick said...

@becky - thank becky - it was a magical moment.

Rick said...

@Julia - thank you ! Enjoy.