Saturday, September 25, 2010

(Day 267) How's my flying ?

Friday Sept. 24, 2010

Phew ! After another marathon day of travel (28 hours door-to-door) I think I need a vacation !  ;-)

No, I'm just kidding of course. We logged over 16,000 km/10,000 mi there and back, and it was a wonderful vacation. Again, for anyone wanting beautiful weather, great beaches, wonderful people, and lots to do and see, I can heartily recommend Rhodes.

How the people who bring us there and back safely and look after us on the flights do it, I'm not sure, but they're to be commended also. I captured this crew waiting for clearance to taxi while we waited in Newark, NJ for our last of 3 flights yesterday.

It's good to be back. Thank you to all of you who tried to follow my haphazard posting over the past few weeks. I'm not sure I'll be able to go back and respond to the many comments but I have read every one !  I wasn't able to visit any blogs while away so I have catching up to do, and I look forward to it.

(70-200mm  f8  1/30 sec  ISO200)

9 comments:

Dagmar said...

Hi there Rick, glad to hear you made it home save without een verbrande kont. Why the h... didn't you asked the captain to do a fly by over my house,....gosh you were THAT close.
And I even have red hair...so you must have been able to see me....ha.
Okay buddy have a ball reading every post you've missed out, good luck with it.
Hugs Dag.

Unknown said...

Haha, funny gag :-D

Have a safe trip :-)

Greetz,

Joseph

darlin said...

First off, this time for sure WELCOME HOME! I thought you were back when you posted a few photos but nope...

This is hilarious, I love that now you can call in on the piolet! Sheesh what's next! Anyways, back to do whatever it was before I got sidetracked here on blogger, have a fantastic day and it's good to see that you and the Mrs. made it home safe and sound.

I'm looking forward to viewing the photos, when I want or choose to procrastinate lately I come here to Blogger... odd thing is that what I generally procrastinate on is my reading. Now that doesn't make sense... maybe they should put some beautiful photos in my text books!

Cheers, have a fantastic day Rick.

darlin said...

OOPS Typo, oh well it's Sunday! :-)

Carolyn Ford said...

It's amazing how some people can handle crossing multiple time zones day after day! Great shot of a couple of noses!

Rick said...

@Barefoot from Heaven - ha ha - mijn kont ziet er nog erg wit uit (maar net zo goed !).

I think I did spot something bright red as we flew over Holland - must have been you !! ;-)

Nice to be back and able to blog and visit blogs again - felt a bit out of touch for a while, but that was ok too.

Good to see you're back too. Have an awesome week Dag !

Rick said...

@CarreraCaballo - thanks Joseph - we got home safely (didn't fly JetBlue otherwise I could have called the number ;-)

Rick said...

@darlin - ha ha, I hadn't noticed the slogan and number till I got my telephoto lens on and zoomed in - thought it would make for an interesting photo.

Glad to be back safe and sound - thank you. It was difficult to get internet access regularly (especially when we spent a lot of time either hiking up to fortresses or swimming ;-) The few times I did was in a cafe but only for a limited time.

Hope university is going well so far !

Rick said...

@Carolyn Ford - nice pun Carolyn and thanks. Yep - I'm not sure if you can take a pill to recover from jet lag, but I admire people who do this regularly. Took me about 3 days to recover going east, but only 1 day coming back.