Friday, July 24, 2015

I Lift Up Mine Eyes ...

It had been another one of those changing weather kind of days - alternating sun, gray skies, a threat of rain followed by more blue sky. Then after dinner the wind kicked up and storm clouds gathered. In no time rain was pelting against the north-facing windows. But as suddenly as the storm had come upon us, the wind blew it southward.

The sudden quiet made me glance out the window and I caught the remains of a double rainbow. I figured since I was outside with camera in hand I might as well also capture some of the summer blooms, freshened by the rain. I was absorbed in catching the raindrops hanging from petals and bees scurrying to gather nectar in the golden hour.

I finally lifted my eyes when I came around the west side of the house and was greeted by a sky in turmoil. Another storm further away had roiled the sky in the west while at the same time the sky in the northwest was trying hard to revert to blue. It made for an awesome sight ...

[Have a listen to an oldie goldie below while you relax here for a few minutes]





17 comments:

Rick Forrestal said...

Beautiful sky scenes.
It's always show time when stormy skies are around.

biebkriebels said...

You have some interesting skies there, amazing photo's. I don't think I have ever seen a double rainbow.

Buttons Thoughts said...

What incredible captures Rick. Love that song too. Hug B

Bas. said...

wat een geweldig mooie momenten,super.

Marleen said...

Wow, prachtig! Vooral de kleuren in de 2e foto, super.

Unknown said...

The double rainbow shot is wonderful, but that second shot is truly awesome.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Both photos are fabulous. The sky gives so many photo opportunities. I have taken more sky shots this summer than ever before.

Stephanie said...

Spectacular sky shots! I adore your new banner image of the two chairs. Reminds me of summer time at the cottage.

Linda said...

God's art in all its glory! Absolutely gorgeous, Rick!

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful double rainbow and the stormy sky is amazing! That's been our weather here all week too although no real storms came up....just interesting cloudy skies and showers.

Helma said...

Jaaaaaa..... echt geweldig Rick.
De foto met de dubbele regenboog is geweldig maar de tweede foto is fantastsich!
Heb je deze in HDR gefotografeerd?

Groetjes, Helma

Amelia said...

Hi Rick, very spectacular sky pictures, love the double rainbow. That's really beautiful and hard to come by double rainbow. So far I only seen 2 or 3 times only.

I like the songs from Rolling stone. :))
Have a nice week ahead,regards.
Amelia

Marty said...

bonjour Rick, I'm happy to read you again sur mon blog !
j'ai regardé et me suis perdues in your wonderful images !
le ciel is fantastic !
I'm un peu lazy ces jours ! trop hot ! 41° yesterday, too much for me lol !
I hope you have un bel été et merci pour some frais bisous
which take some salty waters drops en traversant l'océan !
wish you a happy mois d'août !
oh ton arc-en-ciel is amazing !

Anonymous said...

wooow, prachtig Rick!

Patricia said...

Beautiful shoots! I love rainbows, they can really get all your attention because they look so colorful...and still be just an illusion!

Ana Bailune said...

It seems to me you live in Paradise! Beautiful!!!

said...

Espectacular el arco iris, ¡y qué lugar tan bonito y agradable!
Preciosas fotos, Rick :)