Friday, October 9, 2015

What I Did On My Summer Vacation or Post #700

Has it really been several months since I was last here ? There have been fleeting moments when it crossed my mind that I hadn't posted anything on my blog but then the busyness of the day prevailed and the thought was swept away. A quote in a photography newsletter lead me to a blog which reminded me of my neglected blog ... and here I am. (And this so happens to be my 700th post).

No I won't bore you with details of the past few months, but I have been fortunate enough to do some work for several clients (one of which featured a number of my photos here). One of the major occurrences during this time was the addition of a new member to our family. Some of you may remember the loss of our beloved Sasha late last year. Through what can only be described as divine intervention, Keera entered our lives in August (after being abandoned on a busy city street, brought into the veterinarian used by the dog rescue run by 2 of our daughters - Finding Them Homes, and a fruitless month-long search for her owner). Through her microchip we discovered that she turns 5 years old this month - we're looking forward to many happy years with her.

So let me introduce Keera to you - as you can see, she is already fitting in very well. (Oh, and I will do my best not to leave such a time gap before I pay a visit to you, and return here).



16 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is beautiful and may she and your family have many years of enjoying each others company. It is funny about your lack of blogging. I was checking your blog yesterday to see if I missed anything. Glad to see you back and don't be a stranger.

Linda said...

So lovely to see your post, Rick and as always, I absolutely love your photos! I am very happy to "see" you and am giving you a warm welcome. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Fijn jou hier terug te zien Rick! En nog fijner om Keera te mogen ontmoeten. Wat een prachtdier! Hoe kan iemand zo'n beestje achterlaten, onvoorstelbaar! Gelukkig heeft ze nu bij jullie een gelukkig thuis gevonden.
Machtig mooie foto die met het zonnetje waarin Keera zich lijkt te koesteren.
Fijn weekend,
Groetjes, Hilde

biebkriebels said...

She looks very happy with you, glad you could give her a safe warm home.

Marleen said...

Ik zal nooit kunnen begrijpen hoe iemand een dier aan z'n lot over kan laten..
Keera is een schat en voelt zich inderdaad echt thuis zo te zien :)

Marty said...

bonjour Rick ! I'm glad you are back with that good new, une nouvelle compagne toute blanche comme Sasha ! elle est so beautiful and I wish you wonderful days avec elle !
sure Keera will be happy with you ! Now I'm looking forward your posts with Keera and your gorgeous images!
hope you will find enough time for that !
I send you a lot of autumn bisous !

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Rick. What a beautiful dog Keera is and I hope she brings you great joy and companionship for many years. It is nice to see your post today. Summer does get very busy....well...life does too. :) Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Pam

Bas. said...

kan je nagaan Rick hoe zwaar het leven van een vriend is

Ruth Hiebert said...

She looks like a keeper.So cute.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Rick!
She sure is beautiful, and so are your photographs.

Unknown said...

That second picture is truly awesome.

Helma said...

Hallo Rick,

allereerst gefeliciteerd met jullie nieuwe gezinslid Keera. Een prachtig dier met een prachtige mooie witte vacht. Je foto's zijn echt subliem die je hier van haar laat zien.

Geeft niets dat je er een tijd niet was op het blog. Ik was ook druk en had er ook geen tijd voor.
Komt dan vanzelf wel weer.

Groetjes, Helma

Ana Bailune said...

lovely dog, amazing images!

Teté M. Jorge said...

Ahahah...lovely...

How's everything, friend?

Hugs and love.

Connie Smiley said...

Hi Rick, Keera is such a beauty, the that first shot of her under the table is priceless! Hope you'll give each other many wonderful years.

said...

¡Keera es adorable! <3