"Inspirational Blog Award"
I very recently received this award from Amelia at Amelia's De-ssert and there are a few ‘rules’ attached, which include answering some questions about myself. Now if you like dessert (ok, put up your hand all those who can honestly say they don’t !) then you need to check out her blog. Not only will you see photos of mouth-watering treats but she’ll also give you the recipes. And she posts some great photos to go along with her witty anecdotes. Thank you, Amelia !
1. What makes you laugh, smile or giggle?
A humorous situation in real life, a funny story about our human foibles, a great cartoon (I’m partial to Dilbert), and of course Foghorn Leghorn TV cartoons !
2. What are your dreams for your future?
See (and hopefully photograph) more of this beautiful creation and meet people in far off places – it reinforces my view that we all have the same desires and needs.
Enjoy watching my grandchildren grow up.
3. If you are going on a cruise, where would it be and why?
Unfortunately the idea of a cruise doesn’t appeal to me. I’d feel too regimented – I want to be free to explore a place on my own for as long as I want (or can) without being part of a crowd and being compelled to return to ship.
4. Where would you spend your vacation and with whom?
My wife and I have discussed a possible vacation with Ireland as a potential destination. Wales, England and Scotland also beckon. Given unlimited funds I’d like to take my whole family somewhere exotic (and warm, of course). There’s a lot to be said about sharing an experience like that.
5. If given another life, what life would you choose ? Your life now or your past?
Of course there are very good experiences in the past that would be good to relive, but I’m happy with the circumstances I find myself in.
6. Is there something that you wished before when you were young but you didn't get?
At a young age I wished to become a pilot. At a later time I got as far as completing ground school but life events took over and I pursued a completely different career.
7. Have you been in a situation where you might have given up but you still chose to move on?
I took a number of assignments in my career that I wasn’t too sure I could successfully handle going in, including a couple of relocations. Being somewhat of an obstinate sort I couldn’t let failure prevail. I know that I had a lot of help, especially from above – any success was definitely not attributable to me alone.
8. Is there someone in your life who has been your source of strength and inspiration?
Yes, my wife has stood beside me all these years.
Now for the hard part: I also have lots of favourite bloggers but the ‘rules’ say I can only choose eight for this award. I realize that not all of you do the blogging award thing – I will not be offended in any way if that’s your preference. Hopefully anyone visiting here will come and visit you:
1) Marty at Marty
2) Darlene at My Life For A Year
3) Leslie at Let A Joy Keep You
4) Cloudia at Comfort Spiral
5) Lisa at Lisa Gordon Photography
6) Betty at Cut and Dry
7) Elizabeth at Magical Moments
8) Dawn at Just~One~Life
Of course, in keeping with with Scott's Sunset Sunday theme, I also wanted to show you what the sunset at the harbour looked like last evening.
(10-22mm f14 several different exposures ISO100)