Friday, December 18, 2009

Test Run

Sometimes before committing to something it's good to do a test run. So before I completely commit to doing the 365 project, I thought I'd use the remaining days of 2009 to get a feel for taking and publishing photos every day. It should be a challenge given the busyness of the holiday season.

So for today I thought I'd introduce one of the members of the family - Lola, the resident devil. Cats may have a brain (debatable), probably only the size of a pea, but this one's devoted to doing evil. Normally she lies in front of the wood stove, but as soon as we sit down for a cup of coffee, or dinner, she heads for the plants or now, to the Christmas tree. Arrrgh !

Here's a picture of her lying near the stove, with pea-brain working overtime ...




4 comments:

MDZNY said...

you were fairly warned!!!! we weren't lying!

Katherine said...

Oh Rick...I don't fully agree with you about the size of their brains.. but they are very sly!! I think your cat is gorgeous!

Rick said...

@Katherine - this one was the queen of sly !

But ... alas ... she is no more. She disappeared several months ago and despite a long search covering many days, not a trace was found. There are a lot of wild animals where we live - maybe best not to know what happened.

Katherine said...

Oh my goodness..the very same thing happened to one of our 2 cats last week. The last time we saw him was on Saturday last week. I've looked everywhere, even at the pound. I went into the pound and they let me check out all the cats in the cattery & there were heaps there but not my Ringo. I left in tears not just because I couldn't find him and also for all those other poor little kitties that are literally on borrowed time. So sad!