Saturday, September 25, 2010

(Day 260) Day at the spa

Friday Sept. 17, 2010

You would think that when you're on vacation on a sun-drenched island like Rhodes, you wouldn't also need to go to a spa - that would be over-kill, but that's exactly what we did today. However, the spa, located in Kalithea, hasn't been used as such since the 1960's. It was built during the 1920's by the Italians, who ruled Rhodes at that time. The setting, on a quiet bay, was stunning. The architecture of the buildings, with its many arches, and pergolas, was beautiful - a photographer's paradise; so beautiful in fact that it was used as a location for a number of Hollywood movies in bygone years - and for 3 weddings on this day ! I could post many photos I made here today, but will leave you with this one. Perhaps you'll put it on your list of places to visit some day.

(10-22mm  f8  1/800 sec  ISO200)

9 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

What a lovely entrance...a nice way to spend a day! Love the shadows!

Rick said...

@Carolyn Ford - thanks Carolyn. We spent the whole day here - not just making photos ;-) Also had a swim in the beautiful bay.

Hope your Sunday is going well.

becky said...

Very cool. Love the shadows & the patterns they make.

Julia said...

Very nice! Maybe you could book my wedding there some day!

Rick said...

@Carolyn Ford - thanks Carolyn; I was able to make so many nice shots there - the architecture was just beautiful.

Rick said...

@becky - oops, previous comment was in response to yours; I'll get back into this blogger thing real soon - promise ;-)

Rick said...

@Julia - thanks Julia; let me know the date !

Here I Am Carrie said...

Rick this is just stunning. I love when people see the patterns that are being created not just the actually object. Just love this one...

Rick said...

@Here I Am/Carrie - glad you noticed that Carrie; I spent some time getting a good perspective and composing it, and then waiting till no people were in the scene. I think it's one of my favourites. Thank you for your nice comments.